Need for Speed inspired S13 Welcome to 2005!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Jyttah, May 2, 2020.

1. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

New year, new me... Or not.
    Still posting the same boring stuff about the same boring car.
    But while im here, i might as well upload a few pictures of useless stuff that happend since last update.
    First off, i bought another set of rear valances as the first set was in horrible condition.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    The new set has a lot better fitment and does require absolutely minimal modification to get it to sit right.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I also got the middle piece installed with a small 3D printed piece. Used ASA as its strong and should hold up to the outside temperatures.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    With the numberplate, its almost not visible.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Also took the car outside so i can see how the roof-wing would look. And i like it!
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Also, the last topoff of fuel before new year
    rengoering-af-motorrum.

2. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

At the same time i had to park it next to my wifes Tesla.
    all of a sudden, the S13 looks pretty tiny
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I did an eyeball alignment so i can drive it to an alignment shop once im finished with playing around with the height of the car.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I still need to install front tension rod and FLCA
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    As i have the front of the car up in the air, i figured i might as well install the Mishimoto intercooler i have laying around.
    And i also wanted to make it look as stealth as possible, so lower piping and intercooler itself is black
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I still need to figure out the intake piping from airfilter to turbo, and also battery placement. I want to keep the battery in the enginebay, so i need to create a bracket of some kind.
    Somehow i forgot i had access to yahoo auctions, so i ordered a RHD S13 evaporator for my AC-project. Its in horrible condition, but it was the only one available. So after ive been looking for one for over 2 years, i finally bought it. I will give it som TLC as it deserves, and hopefully ill have some cold air this summer.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    As a last thing, i found a set of wheels for sale locally. So i went off to pick them up. Unfortunally they did not come with centercaps, but luckily i have a 3D printer and to much time on my hands.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Thats it for now, but i might be back :p

3. MehGyver

MehGyver Member

Nice to see this thing still getting love

4. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

Finally its time for another update.
    After hours of working with fitting the intercooler, i removed it again. The piping just didnt fit proberly, so im removing it for not, and get custom pipes at a later time. For now i just want to have a finished car. Then the modifications can come later.
    First of, a set of new front lower control arms, as the old bushings were very old and crusty
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Also designed a reverse camera holder instead og the keyhole. Its not perfect, and it will be changed in the future, but for now, its pretty desent.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I also did some testing with an open airfilter, and i really liked the noise, but thats very illegal and will get me straight to jail if the police finds out
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    So i also went back to stock - for now :D
    Even though its a project-car, i still drive it when its off the jackstands and the weather is dry enough
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I had to do some modifications to the front coilovers to adjust the camber enough so the wheels wont touch the coilover
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    The car is as low as i want, and pretty much ready for an alignment
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I booked a time for the allignment, and with my luck, the exhaust is to low for the machine to connect left/right side. So no allignment for me :/
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Anyway, then i worked on the aircups airhose so i can get that working. Its still not, but its getting closer :)
    I did connect the front and route the airhose to the back.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I tried to hide the hose as good as possible behind the power steering lines, and it works pretty well. I also threw together some 3D printed brackets. Works perfect!
    Sometimes something shows up that you cant say no to. This happend to me. A guy has been collecting damaged S13s for many years and took a bunch of parts of them to use for his own car. But after he sold the car, all the parts were in the day. So thats where I might have bought it all.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    There was A LOT! I had to drive twice to pick it all up with a big ass trailer (in Danish standards) I already sold a bunch that i wont use myself (Mainly because the parts are from a LHD S13, and i have a RHD S13)
    Some of the parts im keeping for my self is 6 pcs OEM Teardrops (so now i have 11 pcs) a CA18DET engine, complete trunk interior and a lot of other small pieces
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    And because i have another engine, i also got a great deal on a set of JE pistons
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    So now i might as well build a fully forged engine when all my other projects are done :D

5. Jyttah

Jyttah Active Member

By some reason i really like the Teardrop wheels
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    And because i have 11 wheels, and only one OEM centercap, i designed new ones to 3D print.
    I created some with both the OEM logo, but also the oldschool Nismo logo. They can be downloaded here:
    https://cults3d.com/en/users/jyttah/3d-models
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    Yet another plan is to get rid of all the blue hoses in the enginebay.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    As i love to spend money, i finally received my seats that i ordered for black friday.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    I bought a set of cheap seat rails, but they sit a bit to high in the car, so after a few hours on Yahoo auctions, i found a Bride seat rail. Unfortunally the rail and seats mounting holes didnt match. So i had to get a friend to modifi the rails. It was lasercut and powdercoated. I still havent picked it up, but ive seen pictures, and it looks to good!
    As every other S13, the inner door handles were starting to crack, so i had to do some plastic"welding". Bought a cheap welding gun in the ebay. and it worked perfect. Hopefuly the door handle wont crack now
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    And yes, i found Boss coffee in europe!
    rengoering-af-motorrum.
    K thx bye!